VLC for Android is an application that can be used to watch videos on Android devices, in which it will let you do that and much more. Of course, you will need a device with a ARMv7 CPU to be able to enjoy the awesome tools that this application has to offer.
The application will allow you to play videos and sound files in a ton of different formats, in a way very similar to VLC. It will be very easy to explore your library where you have all your files and play them with just a touch of a finger on your screen.
The same way, the app comes with support of various tracks on one video, subtitles, auto-rotation of the screen, and screen adjustments, that you can modify by as little as three clicks! VLC for Android is a great tool to play audio and video files and therefore watching movies will be so much easier and normal on an Android device! VLC MEDIA PLAYER 2.5.0 FOR ANDROID IS NOW OUT
To talk about VLC Media Player is to talk about a flagship media application and a paradigmatic example of open source development. Born in 1996 as an academic project, it’s evolved and adapted to the times with every new version that’s appeared. The Android app development has followed the same steps, although the updates have sometimes left rather more to be desired. Hence why the rollout of this new version (2.5.0) is cause for celebration, what with the addition of so many new features.
Read more VLC 2.0 FOR ANDROID OUT NOW
The VLC media player might well be one of the most efficient and versatile options now available. Its Android version had always trailed the desktop software by a little ways, but that seems to no longer be the case with this new version 2.0 for smartphones. It finally includes features users have been requesting for ages, like streaming over network protocols, automatic subtitle download, playlists for videos, or the option to run in window mode.
The description of VLC
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices. Show less
VLC 3.1.4 Update
* Fix video player stopped after multitasking
* Fix sleep timer in audio player
* Fix sorting impossible after categories switch
* Fix History not always refreshed
* Various bugfixes and UI improvements
* Fix Medialibrary not scanned at startup
* Add a ‘refresh’ card